In this 25-minute video, I interview Tim Smith, who is a Senior Policy Advisor for ICCR (the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility) who has worked in the shareholder proposal arena for more than 50 years. So he knows his stuff! We discuss:
- How did you get involved with shareholder proposals?
- How do you decide which topics to tackle in your proposals?
- Can you speak to the recent attacks on ESG which have really escalated over the last year or so?
- How has the negotiation process with companies over your proposals changed over the last five years?
- What are the biggest mistakes you see companies make when they first receive a proposal from you?
- Can you tell us about the SGI Conference coming up on September 12th that will celebrate 50 years of service to people and the planet?